Saturday, September 5, 2009

Photography and Exploration at Wilder Ranch

Since our state parks are still in danger of being shut down I decided to take the boys out to one we had not visited yet, Wilder Ranch. It is right on the coast and used to be a working ranch. They still have the beautiful old Victorian house, the barns, a schoolhouse (you can still ring the bell), out buildings, tractors, buggies, goats, cows, chickens and even a cat.
The ranch also has miles of walking, hiking and horse riding trails as well as some intriguing beaches that I can't wait to be able to explore. I was not feeling adventurous enough to hike the 2 boys down the cliffs on my own, even though the lure of a true smugglers cave lined in ferns was strong!
The boys really loved exploring all the old buildings and machines. I broke out my old camera and some black and white film to take some pictures. Now I have to go and get those developed and the suspense is killing me!
So here are the pictures from my digital camera. The boys did not like when I pulled them from their exploring to take pictures but they were still pretty good sports about it.

5 comments:

Dad said...

I always love all of your photos. I am also anxious to see the b&w shots! The picture of Danny that I have named "I'm Walkin' Down the Tracks .... " is my favorite in this series. How did the Elkhorn Slough entries go? Do they have entries posted on a website? Love, Dad

Sarah D said...

Thanks dad! I entered 5 photos into the contest but it doesn't end until Sept 15th. I don't think they have all the entries posted, maybe after it ends they will. Wish me luck!

Summer said...

Good luck with the contest. I absolutely love the one of you and the boys by the window!!

tanya said...

Austin's getting really good at taking pictures! See you guys next week, I'm really excited about the reenactment on Sunday!

Laura said...

What GREAT pics. I love them. We'll have to hire you to take our family pics sometime...(maybe in a few months after the baby is here, and I've had a chance to *hopefully* shed some baby pounds)... you do an amazing job!