Monday, January 31, 2011

Road Trips and Rainbows

 The last 2 weekends I have driven down to Santa Cruz to pick up the boys.  Down and back in one day is quite a long drive for me, so I have been recruiting road trip buddies!  Nessa went with me the first weekend and Dera came with me yesterday.  I made sure on both weekends to get there with enough time to at least be at the beach for a few minutes!  The first weekend with Nessa it was warm with a gorgeous sunset.  Yesterday with Dera was cold and rainy but we got to see a total of 3 rainbows, one of which was a double!  It feels so good to be at the beach, no matter what the weather is!
Me and Nessa on trip #1 at Natural Bridges:

 Getting ready for trip #2.  I was so excited that it was cold so I could get the chance to wear my new hat.  I am happy to say, it helped keep me nice and toasty!
 At West Cliff, my favorite place to watch the waves crash against the rocks.  Can you see rainbow #1?
 Me and Dera, road trip buddy extraordinaire!
And the final rainbow of the day was a full arc and a double!
 Danny playing with his dinner on the drive home.
It was messy but very creative!
On the trip home with Nessa, Danny woke up from a doze, very concerned, because "Mommy, I can't see my own eyes!"
On the trip home with Dera . . .
Me: "Danny are you hitting Austin again?" as I glanced back to see that he was indeed hitting Austin again with the paper toy they had got in their kids meal.
Danny: "No," (a pause with more giggling and hitting) "the paper is!"

1 comment:

J.R. Kay said...

Oh Danny is such a crack up :)