Monday, December 1, 2008

Traditional Thanksgiving

Saturday we had our traditional feast and it was so good! My dad cooked the turkey to perfection. Heidi made yams with apples that were very delicious. I am going to have to get the recipe! Tanya treated us to 2 desserts, a pumpkin parfait (with gingersnaps - while she was making it the smell had me drooling!) and a cranberry and apple (?) cobbler. We finished it all up with glasses of banana crush - a frozen slushy mix of bananas, orange juice and pineapple juice. My Grandma Jukes made it for us all the time when we were little. Thanksgivings at her house were one of my favorite things as I child. I would eat her rolls until I got sick! I made some of the rolls for our dinner too but it was always better when Grandma made them. The weather was beautiful so the kids got to play outside all day and were thrilled to eat at the little kids table outside (along with Uncle Laith)
The table set and ready
Mark feeding Maysie some mashed potatoes
The necklaces are Christmas gifts made by my Grandma Warner. Aren't they beautiful!
Danny and I enjoying our Banana Crush
Austin and Taska in their Indian headbands

No comments: