Friday, May 8, 2009

Feelin' Green

So I guess in the spirit of May (birthstone=emerald) I am in a green mood. I just bought some green shoes and I am loving them! Aren't they super cute! We also got the kitchen painted, green, again. Here is the before pic. It was daytime when I took this picture but the window was blocked by 3 huge redwoods! And here is the current picture. The cabinets are up next. Now that the weather is looking like it is going to stay nice I can get the doors off and outside to be sanded. They will then be painted white and a bit of trim and new hardware to update their look.
Some little random updates:
Danny and I were playing at the park and a little girl next to us called out for her momma. Danny looked at me , bewildered, that I didn't respond to her call of momma. It was cute.

He is finally saying so many words now, the clearest of which is Austin. His other favorites are Pippa, go,go,go, belly button, push and boots.
Austin has only 22 days left of school. The thought of him graduating kindergarten has me ready to cry!
Today I was brave and decided to let him walk down the road to the neighbors, to play with the other kids. He was so excited! He went tearing off down the road, only to return a minute later with all the kids in tow, so we ended up with an impromptu playdate here. Austin loved getting to play the little host and it was a lot of fun.
Another little Austin story (reminded to me by a story on a friends blog). He found a dead mouse that our kitty, Pippa, had brought home to us. What was the normal course of action for him? Did he decide to throw it away or let us know so that we could dispose of it properly? No, of course not! He took it by the tail and tried to tie it to a stick as a toy for Pippa. Lovely.
And one more thing - we got the 1st truckload of drainage rock for our driveway today!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Way cute shoes! And the mouse thing -- I guess it's part of life, huh? Definitely not my favorite part... :)

Dera said...

LOL! Austin, you are my kind of kid!!! Hahaha! I'm gonna laugh all day about that! Did Pippa love it?