Monday, October 19, 2009

Rainy Day Ramblings

It is a cold and rainy morning, the kind of morning when you wish you could just stay cuddled up in bed. Hopefully the power won't go out again today. It was out several times yesterday because one huge tree took down 3 power poles. It was out for 2 days last week because of the storm. It actually like it when the power goes out, it can be a fun adventure. But I have a lot of things to get done this week and having power makes life so much easier!
We have all been sick at one point these past 2 weeks. Austin was out of school for a whole week because of it. He was a real trooper though and found all sorts of fun ways to keep himself entertained.
Here are some of the projects he thought up:
Nothing is trash to Austin. He will find a way to turn it into something. This is a submarine. After a test run in the tub, the foam parts dissolved. He is now currently making a new one out of better materials.
Austin loves to use tape. This day he taped some foam pieces together and made ski poles and taped some skis to his feet.
He built a train track, but it couldn't be just a regular train track. His had to have ramps and bridges.I love to see his creativity and his imagination come to life!

Luckily Danny was not sick for very long. He was just pretty grumpy and slept a lot. He and Austin have the typical sibling love/hate relationship. I have been having to do a lot of refereeing lately and trying to teach then how to get along. I am worried about what will happen when they realize that they can get along to use their immense powers of mischievousness against me!

Here are some cute pictures of my little Danny man recently:
Playing motorcycle cop:
Chasing after Bryce at one of Austin baseball games:

This past weekend I got to spend a day up in Sacramento with my friend Melinda, at the scrapbook expo, which was all sorts of fun! I came home with all sorts of new ideas and fun projects! It was fun for Melinda and I to have some time together with out being distracted by little ones! This is one of the projects I started at the expo. I still have to finish adding on the embellishments but I really love it!
Bryce had 3 weeks of vacation, during which he grew a beard! I was surprised that I missed it once he shaved it off. He also drove out with my dad to Utah to replace my Grandma's roof. I really wanted to go too, but I am glad I choose not to because that is when both boys were at their sickest points!The guys got the roof off in one day, and the new one on the next! Amazing! Here is my brother Trevor and my Dad hard at work:
The day Bryce went back to work is the day that the storm hit and the day he started to get sick. He has been miserable this past week but finally seems to be on the mend.
Here's a funny Bryce story:
Yesterday, because of the tree that took down the 3 poles, the main road in and out of the canyon was closed. The only alternate route is a very narrow one lane road. Instead of peolpe spacing out so that there was room to pull over and pass in the turnouts, everyone was jamming together and trying to get 5-10 cars going one way, past 5-10 cars going the other way all at once. It was miserable, frustrating and very time consuming. Well, at the worst part of the road, Bryce got fed up wathcing people trying figure out how to work it out so he got out and started directing traffic. I had to keep driving down the hill to the main road to get our car out of the way. Once it was all cleared up Bryce got a ride with a good samaritan down the hill to where we were waiting. The good samaritan told Bryce that he had done a real good job and that he should be a traffic cop. Bryce just smiled and laughed.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad you are all better now! Sick kids *and husbands* are no fun. Love your project! And that is a funny story about Bryce! :) We are so excited to see you tomorrow!

J.R. Kay said...

First of all... I LOVE what you've done w/ your page!

The boys are so cute, they make me laugh! I'll miss not having them in the car w/ us for the trip, but it will be fun to have just girl time!