Sunday, January 3, 2010

Snow Day

As an extended part of Austin's 7th birthday we went up to the snow with a bunch of family and friends!  We drove up Mormon Immigrant trail til we found a snowy enough spot.  Bryce, my Dad and Mark worked hard to make a really great sled run.  There were no major injuries and everyone had a fun time.  I really enjoyed getting to make some great memories with some of my most favorite people!

Danny and I (pic by Oma)


Austin opening his gifts (pic by Oma)
 

Danny kept hitching rides:
 

Nessa and her puppies - Switch was catching snowballs!
 

Hauling the sled back up the hill:
 

Danny went down once all on his own!
 

Nessa and grumpy boy!
 

Danny directing Andera as to whom the snowball should be thrown at!
 

Bryce catching some air:
 
 
My friend Darci and her son Leland:
 
And her daughter Alexis, who is a die hard sledder!


Danny and his "Gypy"
 

Bryce helping Mark get a bit more speed.
 

Danny was so tired he fell asleep halfway through eating his cupcake!
 

Mark, Maysie and Tanya
 

My Uncle Dick, Aunt Marie, Cousin Angela (holding Gypsy) and her children Brendan and Heather, Cousin Andera and Cousin Miriam!
 

Alexis and Austin after a crash!
 

Mark jumping the sled over Bryce!
 

My mom and dad:
 

I wanted a family picture but Danny was already asleep!
 

I love having so many photographers in the family!  I don't have to worry about getting pictures of everything because I know someone else will!
Here are some pictures that my cousin Miriam took:

Danny getting ready to go sledding:


That's me, setting up the lunch table.
 
 
Danny snitching as many marshmallows as he could!

Thank you to all our family and friends who joined us on our snow day adventure!

2 comments:

Darci said...

Sarah, we had so much fun. Your family was great to hang out with. I can't wait to get together again. Thanks for having us.

Oma and Papa said...

What a fun day. I loved watching the joy in the kids and the big boys faces as they came down the slope. I really love the picture of Danny on his solo run. What a fun way to celebrate your birthday, Austin. Happy Birthday to you. We love you all.

Love, Mom