Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Surprise Weekend

This last weekend I was supposed to go to a weekend long class to make a corset for my Civil War reenactments, but the lady who was to teach it got sick the day before so it was canceled.  At first I was bummed but then I realized that it freed me up to go to my cousin Miriam's bridal shower!  So off I went to spend the weekend up at my parents and Bryce stayed home with the boys (I think it was one big pizza, Pepsi and popcorn weekend for them!)
It was a beautiful shower and
I am so glad I got to be there!

Here is the beautifully blushing, soon-to-be Mrs. Hawkins
 
and a beautifully sparkly ribbon!
  
The beautiful Miss Abigail
  
and beautiful Miss Maysie
  
and Miss Maysie and her beautiful momma!
  
and the beautiful Miss Emma and Miss Taska in their beautiful crowns.

After the shower I decided to stay in town one more night so I could go out to dinner and then to the Sac State basket ball game with my Grandma.  My Grandma and Grumpa have attended all the Sac State home games since 1992 (if I remember the year right).  My Grandma has continued to go even after my Grumpa passed last year.  This night was her last game and the Sac State team wanted to do something to honor my Grandma, her friend Ruth, and the memory and the support of my Grumpa.  For the presentation they called all of us down on to the court.  So much for my plan of staying up in the bleachers and taking pictures!  It was a great night out with the girls and I am glad I got to be a part of it.

Here is my Grandma and Ruth in their seats:
  
My Aunt Jan, Cousin Katie and Nessa
  
All of us!
 

No comments: