Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Birthday Miscellany

So today is my birthday.  I woke up to find some beautiful, sunshiney yellow, Gerbera Daisies on the table from Bryce (which were especially nice to see because it is cold and gray and rainy here today).  When Austin found out it was my birthday he got really excited.  He told me that he was going to make me a present.  I told him that he didn't need to and that being a good listener and helper today that would be the best gift of all.  His response to that?  "That's okay, I think I'll just make you a present instead."  Such a funny boy!
Bryce and I actually went out and celebrated my birthday over the weekend with some friends because we knew it wouldn't happen today.  (Not only is Bryce working today but he has a jury trial before work.)   We went down to Monterey and ate at the Lalla Grill, went to a movie and just had a blast being out with friends.  And I got to sleep in the next morning and go to Borders to get a new book!
 Our friends:
Crystal and Brad
Hilary and Aaron
♥Bryce&I♥
Bryce got me a birthday "moose"!
Today I plan on getting some chores done around the house in anticipation of my mom, dad and grandma, coming down this weekend.  After Austin gets out of school I think we will make some sort of baked goods and have a little mini party!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Sarah!!!! Sounds like you had a great weekend, and a nice birthday today, too. Hope it's a great one!

Dad said...

Happy Birthday Sarah!! I have been thinking about you all day. I had lots of forms and reports today and everytime I wrote 5/25 I was thinking about you again. Hope it has been a great day. After seeing your pic of the two boys asleep I am assured again that we have the cutest and smartest grandchildren in the world! I won't see Mom until late tonight so I will say thanks again for all you do and all you are for both of us. We love you! Mom and Dad

Tami Casper said...

Glad you had a happy birthday celebration! What book did you get?