Monday, May 10, 2010

Return to Greyhound

For Mother's Day this year, I requested my gift be some time alone with Bryce.  So on our day together we decided to take a picnic lunch up to Greyhound Rock, which is where he proposed to me.  The day was beautiful and sunny, but very windy!  We spent hours combing the beach for sea glass and shells, exploring the tidepools and running crazy with Gypsy!
We also climbed back up on the rock to the exact spot he proposed, so we could take some pictures.  The evening that he proposed to me it was getting dark, the tide was coming in, it was cold and super windy.  I was really cold, and the wind kept whipping my hair in my face and making my eyes water, so Bryce took my hood and pulled it in tight around my face.  I wasn't exactly looking like I had always imagined I would, but in the whole scheme of things that didn't really matter!  Right after I said "Yes, yes, yes, yes!", he joked that it was a good thing I had said yes or he would have thrown me over!  So, anyway, I took these pictures to capture the nostalgia of that most wonderful day 12 years ago!

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a fantastic Mother's Day present! Almost nothing better than a date alone together... And you found some great treasures! So fun!