Monday, July 19, 2010

Duncans Mills 2010

Last weekend we had our second Civil War reenactment experience at Duncans Mills.  It is such a beautiful place, right along the Russian River, and next to the coast, so the weather was nice a cool.  My camera battery died the morning of our first day so I did not get that many pictures, but luckily my cousins Andera and Miriam, Miriam's hubby Gatlin and their French foreign exchange student Antoine, came up for the day and so I was able to snag some pictures from Miriam!
Here are the few pics I got:

Austin now gets to sleep in a dog tent with the other cadets and he loves it!

Bryce and his brother Michael getting ready for drill

Danny building a train in the hay pile.  He laid out long line of the firewood kindling, for the tracks.  He even had bridges.  He then used a piece of bark for the train.  That pile of hay was the best entertainment, he played in it all day!

Austin and the cadet cannon

Danny washing the dishes, he loved doing this!

And these are the pictures from my cousin Miriam

The boys and I at the hay pile, you can also see Danny train tracks in this pic.

Antoine,Andera, a sleeping Danny, Bryce,  Michael, Austin, Me, Gatlin and Miriam

Bryce and Michael on the battlefield

Danny and I crossing the field and *gasp* you can see my ankles!

My new fancy bonnet!  I also got a new carpet bag so I can carry around my camera and lens but still look period correct!

1 comment:

Oma and Papa said...

Love the photos. Sorry we missed this year, but glad your cousins were there to enjoy the day with you. Danny surely loves his trains and it is so cute that he love doing the dishes. Austin is the cutest cadet ever. You new bonnet is beautiful, goes so well with the dress.