Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sisters Weekend Getaway

My two beautiful sisters and I have been wanting/planning/scheming a weekend getaway, where we could just enjoy one another, with no kids interrupting us.  Now, we love our kids, but it is very hard to have a really good conversation or finish a project when kids are involved!  Trying to get our 3 schedules coordinated has not been an easy task, and we were starting to give up hope that it would happen, but this last weekend the opportunity presented itself and we took it!
I was the hostess for this year, and I had a lot of fun preparing.  The morning before they came I got all the food prepped/made for the weekend so we wouldn't have to waste time cooking.  I gathered flowers from the garden (and some from the farmers market too) and rounded up some reading materials and mani/pedi supplies. Right before my sisters were due to arrive, and as the boys were getting ready to vacate for the weekend, we ran out of propane, which means no hot water (the propane company had no one on call in our area to fill it up on the weekend, how wrong is that?).  Now what kind of getaway would it be without being able to take hot showers?  Lucky for me, I have a wonderful and resourceful hubby who was able to hook up a smaller tank and we had hot water!

Our first night we just relaxed, gave our self mani/pedis and watched "The Mistress of Spices".

Saturday, we slept in a bit, went shopping, watched "Eat, Pray, Love", did a bit more shopping at a fun vintage thrift store, hit the beach (super windy but beautiful), and then went out to dinner (at a restaurant that will not be named because the service was so bad - nachos without cheese?  How is that possible?)  We spent the rest of the evening talking (of course), looking at picture of our super cute kids, and watching "Chocolate"

Sunday morning we got to sleep in again (oh, bliss!) before my sisters had to pack up and leave.  We can't wait for next year when we get to do it all over again!  
Thank you my beautiful sisters for a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Oma and Papa said...

We love our beautiful daughters!