Sunday, May 13, 2012

Engaged!

It's almost 5:30, Danny needs my help with the laundry, Austin needs my attention for his space derby rocket, David should be home any minute and I still haven't started dinner.  
Luckily we are having leftovers tonight  :)
But I am determined to get at least this one post up tonight.  It has been so long and there is so much I want to add and share!  It can be a bit overwhelming.  So I will start with this one, and hopefully the rest will follow quickly so I can feel caught up on at least one thing in my life!

So...by now it is no surprise to any one reading this blog that David and I are not only engaged, but married to boot!  But here is something you may not know.  We knew we were getting married a good month and a half before we really told any one.  We made it official on Mother's Day when we told my boys.  Austin was ecstatic!  Danny didn't really understand what the whole thing meant but he was happy because we were all so happy.  The lighting may not be great in this picture but I love it because it was taken right after we told the boys.
We told David's children just a few days later.  His older girls had already figured it out (as had most people by this time) so they were not surprised but were very happy about it none the less   :)
David has 4 kids:
Emily (then 17)
Brittney (15)
Chelsea (10)
Tyler (then 7)
So that makes a total of 6 (six!!!) kids.
We are going to need a bigger vehicle!
 The official proposal came at the end of May.  David took me out to the rainbow bridge, were we first met, and where we frequently would meet to walk and talk during our "just friends" phase.  He hid the ring in a big, gold, prize Easter egg, (and I almost didn't find it!).  This egg is a tradition in the Easter egg hunts in my family.  And all through my life I never did get to find that prize egg during the egg hunt.  So I finally got to find the egg, but held a better prize than I could ever have hoped for!
And even though he knew what the answer would be, he still got down on his knee and officially asked me to marry him.  I said yes.  :)
We then enjoyed some sparking cider, in real glasses mind you, and beautiful walk to the bridge at sunset.  :)

1 comment:

Papa J said...

A beautiful blog for a beautiful Family!! Glad you have had a few moments in your crazy busy schedule to share! Love - Papa J