Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Elkhorn Slough

Today was our trip down to Elkhorn Slough. The weather was perfect, sunny with a nice cool breeze. The trail we took was 2.2 miles and absolutely beautiful!
Danny loved his binoculars and kept trying to walk while looking through them. The best part of the walk was the bridges over the slough. We watched for leopard sharks and rays but weren't lucky enough to see any. We did see a bunch of crabs and that fascinated the boys.
Danny's little legs tired out about half way through and he ended up getting to ride piggyback the rest of the way.
On the way home we stopped at Moss Landing State Beach and found, to my utter delight, a whole bunch of otters! They were so cute and fun to watch!

2 comments:

J.R. Kay said...

I want to go there next time I come visit!

Laura said...

What fun! I am so sad I didn't make it - I know I never could've done the 2 miles at this point though... How neat to see the Sea Otters! I've never been to Moss Landing beach before -- now we'll have to go and check it out!