Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkins!


Austin's original pumpkin that he picked this year got busted, and despite our efforts to stitch it up it still rotted before we could carve it.  So we went with Great Grandma Warner and Oma to Zittles pumpkin patch in Folsom.  It was such a cute place, I wish I had taken my camera with me that night!  Austin decided he really wanted a white pumpkin.  He named it Moonlight, and decided it should be carved with stars and moons.  And because his pumpkin had a name he insisted that Danny and I name ours as well.  When it came time to carve them, Danny wanted nothing to do with the process, besides approving the face I drew to carve.  Austin wanted so badly to carve his own pumpkin but white pumpkins have a very tough shell (I have the bruise on my arm to show how tough it was to scrap out!), so he wasn't able to do the actual carving.  He did still have a lot of fun though and was a great helper!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Super cute pumpkins! Love the names. Ya- I did a white pumpkin last year -- they ARE hard to carve!