Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's day this year was very simple and sweet. I woke up to cinnamon rolls in bed (yummy!) and a bouquet of eleven roses from Bryce. Our very first date was on Valentine's day 11 years ago and so I get a rose for every year. I think soon he will just start buying me rose bushes! Austin also got me a rose and drew me a card with daffodils on it.
Bryce had to work so the boys and I kept busy at home. Austin and I made cookies and enjoyed eating them with hot cocoa. Luckily Bryce was not having a crazy night so we were able to meet up for dinner at our favorite local taqueria.
We had a real Valentine's date on Monday. We went out to dinner at Rosie's McCann's, an Irish pub in downtown Santa Cruz that has become one of our favorite spots. We did a little shopping at Borders and a little gourmet kitchen shop and then went to see the movie "Push", which we both really enjoyed!
It is always such a treat when we get to go out and enjoy just being together!

No comments: