Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Exploring Sonora and Columbia

We took a day to explore Sonora and Columbia while we were out there.  I had been to Columbia once before as a teenager and I don't think I truely appreciated it back then!
We walked through the main street in Sonora, had breakfast, checked out a couple of antique stores and found a store that I fell in love with called "Bella Vie".  I could have spent a lot of money there, everything was just so beautiful!  (the 2 pics are from Bella Vie's Facebook page)

 

Some pictures from our walk through Sonora:

 
 

Columbia was a very fun experience.  We spent hours just walking and exploring.  At the quilt shop I bought some great fabric to make my next Civil War dress.
 
We walked up to the old school house.  It was 2 stories - very impressive!
 
We both love old graveyards, the older the better.  They are so peaceful and full of history.
 
 
We stopped and had a locally made sassparilla at the St. Charles Saloon.
 

The fall colors were gorgeously set against a bright blue sky and made for some wonderful picture taking!

 
 
 
 

No comments: