Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

We spent Thanksgiving day here at home today.  We were able to have dinner all together before Bryce went in to work.  I was nervous about the turkey because I have only made 1 other and that was 10 years ago!  It was ready in plenty of time and tasted good too, whew!  It is amazing how exhausting it can be to spend a whole day cooking!

This is a candid shot that I took while testing my lighting.  I love how it shows that Austin can't sit still and how charming Danny can be!


I collected the leaves for my centerpiece on our walk yesterday and the branches are from a tree here in the yard but I have no idea what it is, it may even be a bush.  I do know it's not poison oak!  Bryce's dad gave me the cobalt blue glasses and they added the perfect finishing touch!

Austin also helped make the place card/napkin rings (for our super fine Oklahoma linens)!

This is Danny sitting and waiting patiently for dinner to start.  Dinner was still 2 hours away at this point!

 
Dinner was great.  Bryce's dad brought sparkling cider for the boys and they loved it!  Danny kept looking in his glass and saying "Bubbles!".  He was so excited!

 

Austin helped make the apple pie.  It turns out that he is really good at cutting in the shortening and taste testing too!





So all in all our day was pretty mellow and very yummy! 
I am so thankful for my 3 boys and for all the love and laughter they bring to my life.  I thankful for all my family and friends and for the beauty they add to my life!
♥ We love you all! ♥

2 comments:

Oma and Papa said...

Your pie is BEAUTIFUL!!! It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Wish we could have been with you.

Summer said...

Oma beat me to it....Your pie really is beautiful!! Thank you for sharing the pictures!