Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Banana Slug and Salamanders

Yesterday we worked outside moving our log pile and cutting up wood. During this process we uncovered several salamanders and banana slugs. We decided to show some to Danny to see what he thought of them. At first he was okay but then they moved and he freaked out! The poor guy was seriously upset by them.
Later that night I was sitting in bed (eating ice cream and watching a movie - yummy!) with the cats laying by my legs. I looked down and there was a banana slug on my bed! I was so grossed out and yet laughing hysterically at the same time! I don't mind them outside but in my bed, on the sheets I had just washed yesterday was not okay! Turns out it hitched a ride into the house on Pippa's tail, which was slime covered and gross and had to be cleaned too. Ugh!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I haven't seen a banana slug in AGES - sorry you had to wash the sheets and the cat, but I enjoyed the story!

Laura said...

Ewwww.... I would just die. That is a great story.