Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More Random Stuff

-Just some random thoughts and stuff to share tonight-

We got to use our gorgeous new outdoor gas grill tonight. It was house warming/Christmas gift from Bryce's Dad. To say thank you we had him over for dinner and grilled up some steaks. I love cooking on a grill because then I do not have so many dishes to clean up! It will also get a lot of use this summer when I want to cook but don't want to heat up the kitchen. I made my smashed potatoes to go along with the steaks and salad (Danny ate spinach tonight and liked it too, whoohoo!).
My dad taught me how to make mashed potatoes and it is the only thing I can make without having to have a recipe. I use red potatoes, with the skins on and cook them until they are soft. Then I mash and whip them up with butter, a least 4 cloves of garlic, milk, salt and sugar (that is my Grandma's secret - she adds a little sugar to everything!). I also make a version with sour cream and chives. So yummy!

Bryce got all the beadboard up on the hallway walls (no more mirrored tiles!) and carpet down on the floor. It looks amazing, like a totally different house. It seems bigger and brighter. I just sat in the hallway for awhile last night and enjoyed it. I will post some pics once we get all the trim and corners done.

I have to lead a book discussion on "Twilight" next week. Anyone out there have any ideas on some good questions/topics for that?

I found these dresses at Lobster and Swan and I love them! I asked Bryce if he liked them and he responded with pure sarcasm, "Why? Would you wear them on vintage dress day?". I think everyday should be vintage dress day!

I found another great site called Peonies and Polaroids (love the name). The blossoms and bowls are her photography, so simple and pure. The bunny is a sweet little bunny that she fell in love with and so did I, and I'm not even a huge bunny fan! The butterfly is cut paper - by hand! Amazing! It is so intricate. The middle picture is words but it is so delicate looks like lace to me.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Random posts are great... they are always so entertaining to read. So, thanks for sharing! Oh -BTW - I love your new background and top pics! Very fun! (I loved the cowboy boots pic too...)