Sunday, March 1, 2009

Random Ramblings

Today at church Austin was pulling my hair and I asked him to stop. He replied "But then how will the kinks get out?"
___________________________________________
I have joined my first book club with some of the ladies in the ward here. It is a small group so far, only 6 of us. I am very excited about it! It seems to be a good mix of personalities and interests. We are starting off reading "Twilight", as most of us have already read it and we don't have much time til the next meeting. Our next book is going to be "The Guernsey Literary & Potatoe Peel Pie Society", by Mary Ann Shaffer. I am really excited to start it. I also got to see and play with a kindle and I am in love with it! A whole portable library, my heart thrills to it!
____________________________________________
Austin's school has an Art Masterpiece program that I do every other month with another mom from his class. We teach them about one of the masters and then do a project based on the masters work. This month was Diego Rivera. He was famous for doing murals and pictures of people doing their everyday work. As a child he would draw all over his room so his parents decided to put paper up all over his walls. We took inspiration from that and put up a long strip of paper on an outside wall and had the kids draw a mural of something they do everyday at school. The kids loved it and did some beautiful artwork! Austin's is of the pirate lego's he loves tp play with during choice time.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I like the "kinks" comment. So funny! Oh- and I thought that I signed up for the bookclub! When do you meet? I would be interested in coming... let me know!