Saturday, June 13, 2009

Camping at New Brighton

We spent the last 2 nights camping at New Brighton With Trevor, Heidi and their family. A group of families from their ward comes down here once a year and we love the chance to get to join in! The weather was beautiful, even the rain last night wasn't too bad. My favorite part of camping there is getting to hear the waves as we go to sleep at night.
The campsite we got was great! It has a wonderful tree with branches low to the ground and the kids loved to play in it! The also dug a big hole and where very busy building booby traps to catch the bad guys. Now look close at the top pic. That's Austin in the tree, in his chair. It fit perfectly and he was going to have a little nest and sleep there. With his injury record lately I was nervous just to let him walk let alone sleep in trees! I hope to be able to post video of his 2nd fall (this time down a steep hillside) as soon as I can figure out how to download it from the video camera.

Danny and Tyler loved to play in the long grass. At least it was long when we got there. They had steamrolled it all flat by the time we left!
In the grass - part one

In the grass - part two
Glow Stick Fun! Thanks Oma, they loved the glow sticks! I got Austin and Taska to try to hold their faces really still while waving the glow sticks and I think they did great. I love Taska's expression! Danny didn't really get trying to stand still but he did love trying to do the splits!
At the Beach:
You can't camp at the beach and not spend at least an afternoon there! The beach was covered in kelp but the kids didn't care, they still had a blast! There was a lot of digging, sliding and rolling in the sand mixed in with a little kite flying too.

I love this shot of Hannah - what a little bathing beauty!
Around Camp:
Hannah was very unsure of me the whole time but I think I wore her down a little. By the time we left she was finding green, plastic pieces on the ground and giving them to me. But wary of me or not I still managed to get some great shots of her!
This morning in the tent I let the boys have graham crackers for breakfast in the tent so I could get things packed up without them getting wet and muddy (that only lasted til I let them loose, then they were completely covered within seconds. They are talented like that!)

We had such a good time. Thanks Trev and Heidi (and friends) for letting us come and crash your party!

1 comment:

Oma and Papa said...

I am so glad your families had such a great time together. Such fun memories to look back on some day.

Wish we could have been there too, except I could skip the beach, too much sand. You know me.

Love, Oma