Monday, June 8, 2009

Emergency Family Pictures!

I have written before that I want to take the next set of our family pictures at the local park because I love the walls. Well I found out last week that they are power washing all the walls and making them look all clean and spiffy, which is not the look I want. So I decided this morning that we were going to do an emergency family photo shoot! Luckily we got a couple of good ones before Austin decided to go and fall off the 10 ft. wall into the creek. I looked up just in time to see him fall and I think my heart stopped. It is a good thing Bryce was there because I was barely able to hold it together. I am still trying to decide whether or not to take him in for x-rays of his foot (no bruising, no swelling but he won't walk on it. Is it drama or is it real? We are thinking it is just a sprain). Oh the joys of having boys!
Sometimes it amazes me that I have yet to take either one of these boys to the ER for an injury! I wonder how much longer that will last. Last week the boys were playing outside while I was planting. Danny was sitting in a chair which was close to the edge of the embankment above the road (which is about 5 ft up). Well he stood up in the chair, tipped it over and went tumbling down. He landed in a tangle of pine branches which stopped him from hitting the road but he was stuck. Austin was right next to him but he wouldn't climb down to help him up. He just stood there and yelled "help, 911, help!". I guess it is lucky that "Mommy 911" was nearby!

2 comments:

J.R. Kay said...

oh boy! you have your hands full Mommy 911!

The pictures turned out great!

Laura said...

They look GREAT!!! Good job!