Tuesday, September 7, 2010

An Admission

Bryce finally admitted to me today that he is in love with this other girl and has asked me for a divorce.  I tried to get through to him one last time, but nothing I say or do reaches him any more.  I tried to prepare my heart for this but it didn't help.  The amount of hurt, betrayal, rejection, sadness, and even anger, is staggering.  Once again, I cannot tell you all how much your love, support and prayers mean to me right now.  Every time I think of the words of support, the acts of service and love I have received, it gives me a little more courage to just keep moving forward.  I know I have the strength in me to handle this, I have to, for my boys, so that I can be the kind of mother who will help them weather this storm in their life and emerge as strong and emotionally healthy individuals.  They have such beautiful spirits, and are such a blessing in my life, and it kills me that I cannot protect them from the hurt this will cause them.  All I can do is love them, and have a constant prayer in my heart for the Lord to show me the best way to help them heal.
I have decided that I will be staying here at my parents for now.  Austin will get to go to the school I attended as a child.  If you need to reach me, my cell phone does not work here, so contact me by email or my parents home number.
Also, I will probably be making my blog private within the next week or so.  For those of you who are followers I will automatically send you an invite.  But if you are not a follower but still want to keep updated with us, then send me an email, or leave a comment on here so I can send you an invite to.
And once again, my love to all of you.

5 comments:

Geny said...

Oh Sarah I am so sorry but so glad you have your boys and family around you. If you ever want to get the boys together to play let me know, we aren't very far away:). Lots of love...geny

Carrie said...

Sarah,

I'm so glad you're here. You are an amazing woman and I know you can do this even though it seems like it's a bad dream right now.

Call me anytime you need single mom advice :)

Pray, serve, and make those sweet boys #1 in your life.

Love you,
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I know both grandma and I love following your blog. Can you send us both an invite? My e-mail address is kathleen_rankin@yahoo.com and you should have grandmas. I LOVE YOU!! XOXO

Sharon said...

You are in my prayers and thoughts continually. I know (as you said) that the Lord will be with you to help you through and give you the strength you need. I am here for you if you need me. With a lot of love for you, Sharon

The Higinbotham~Barker Family said...

Sarah... Even through your words of sadness and disappointment you show your strength, beauty, and diligence. You always amaze me! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the boys….Let me know if there is anything you need anytime! Love you!