Monday, September 20, 2010

Be the Change . . .

I have taken off my wedding ring.  I couldn't stand the constant reminder of how wrong my world has gone.  But my left hand was so bare, and that was hurting too.  Today I saw a ring, and in it is etched the words "Be the change you wish to see in the world".  That is a quote I have always liked and now it has even more meaning to me.  My life is changing.  I may not like what has happened, but I can be the change that I want to have in my life.  This ring now adorns my left hand to remind me that I can bring about positive changes in my life regardless of the circumstance I find myself in.

5 comments:

Chris and Katie said...

I'm so proud of you! I know taking your rings off wasn't an easy thing to do. Thinking about you! XOXO

The Higinbotham~Barker Family said...

You are an inspiration for us all Sarah! Big Hugs bein sent your way.... Love you!

The Higinbotham~Barker Family said...

PS.... You're looking great! Don't loose too much weight! ; )

J.R. Kay said...

I love it! That is one of my favorite quotes <3

Unknown said...

reddanglsweet sarah we love you & the boys you are in our prayers luv you aunt melody