Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Antiquing

Here are the treasures I found while antiquing with my mom over the holidays. The platter matches several other milk glass pieces that I have been collecting. The pitcher is enamelware. My mom had one while I was growing up that has since gone on to live with Bethany. I have been looking for one in decent condition at a fair price for years now. I was excited to find it shoved on a shelf outside in the garden area! The bread box drew my eye from across the room. I knew instantly that it was to make it's new home on the top of my fridge as a container for all Bryce's snacks.At every antique store I have been to I find piles of old pictures and it makes me so sad. Who were these people, what were their stories? I want to rescue all these "lost" ancestors!
(picture from my camera phone, hence the horrible quality)

No comments: