Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Day at the Aquarium

We got to go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium with the Rush family yesterday and it was so much fun. Austin was very excited to get to see Maya and Marissa (We miss our Placerville friends!). I haven't been there for 8 years and I jumped at the chance to take the boys! Austin loved getting to see the divers feeding the fish. Danny was facinated just watching the huge schools of fish swim by.The boys also loved all the interactive exhibits;
water to splash in, buttons to push, and things to climb in, on and around!

The otters are my favorite but I was facinated by these jellyfish.
Another big hit was the wave tunnel. It is a clear tunnel that a wave comes rushing down right over the top of you. It was very impressive!
Afterwards we walked down to Ghiradelli's to get some ice cream
(I had to bribe Austin to get him to leave the aquarium peacefully!)
Austin & Danny had the mint chip and I had the Blueberry Cheesecake. So Yummy!
On the trek back to the car I saw this great wooden wall and staircase, and even though the boys were tired, cranky and cold, I had to stop to take some pictures of them :)
It was a great start to our new year and I am glad the boys enjoyed it so much. It was good to get to see the Rush's and catch up a little while trying to keep up with the kids!

No comments: