Friday, January 23, 2009

Rainy Day

Today was a misty, rainy day so I have been indoors all day working on some projects and building blocks and tinker toys with the boys.
My first project was so easy and quick. There is a white enamel cat food bin that I have been wanting for a long time but I could never pay the $50 bucks for it! While on a trip to Home Depot I found a white bucket for only a couple of bucks and decided to just add the lettering that I want on the side with a permanent marker. It is not exact, but close enough for me! I am happy with the way it turned out.
Sprucing up that bucket got me inspired to fix up two other buckets in my kitchen: my flour and sugar storage buckets. I have no cabinets big enough to fit the buckets so they sit on the floor under a side table. I pulled out some of my cute red fabrics and covered up those buckets! They are so much cuter now!Since I had my sewing machine out I decided to do some quick kitchen curtains. And it was a good thing too because while I was making the curtains Austin was outside (yes, I make him play outside even if it is raining - that's what they invented rain coats and boots for!) and he threw mud all over the kitchen window. So now instead of climbing/sliding up a muddy hillside myself to clean it I will just cover it with the curtains!
Now I'm off to mop the kitchen floor. Austin loves to mop and has been begging me all day to do it ( I hope he enjoys cleaning windows too).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! You are so creative :) - nessa

Carrie said...

I love the cat food bucket - I need to make one. I'm tired of yucky bags!