Thursday, January 15, 2009

Disneyland - The Pictures

Here are all the best pictures. I took substantially more than these! I can't help but wanting to capture every precious moment! Austin really enjoyed himself and behaved so well. We only lost him once or twice. He was able to go on every ride he wanted to except for Indiana Jones, he is just a hair too short. He says his favorite was everything. I think his favorite was the Grizzly Run (white water rafting at California Adventure).

Here are all the characters we got to meet. Austin was very excited to meet Buzz but would not take his picture with Woody. The picture with Eeyore is for Oma. The picture with Mater is for Mark.
Tomorrowland:
Austin was enthralled with the submarine. He has always wanted to go on one and nothing would convince him that is was not a true submarine!I made the boys go with me to see my favorite . . . Sleeping Beauty.
Frontierland:
We took a ride on the Mark Twain. Austin enjoyed it more than I thought he would. Then we headed over to the Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island. It was a wonderland for an adventurous and very active little boy!
The end of Day One:
We finished up the day with some "must have" shots in front of the castle and then back to the hotel where Austin promptly conked out!

-Day Two-

Toon Town:
I love the whimsical feel and bright colors of Toon Town. Austin loved being able to explore, jump, touch, open anything and everything he could find!
Meeting Mickey:
Another "must have" shot.
Jedi Training Camp:
This was AWESOME! About 20 kids from the audience got to go up and be trained to be a jedi. The cast players were very good and very funny. They even helped the kids battle Darth Maul and Darth Vader!
California Adventure Park:
Neither Bryce or I had been there before but it was great! We watched some great and very interactive shows - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (with Little Einsteins, Handy Manny and Pooh and friends) and It's Tough to be a Bug (from Bug's Life). At the Pacific Wharf we got to see how sourdough bread and tortillas are made. Austin and I went on a crazy swing in a great big orange. We went on a river raft ride and got very wet. The most amazing ride was Soarin' Over California. It actually felt like we were flying! Austin had a ton of fun at the Brother Bear area with tree forts, rock walls, slides and a tire swing.
The end of Day Two:
We went and saw Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. They play bluegrass music and not only were they really good but they were really funny. The picture of his scary face is supposed to be scary. He had to put on his redneck teeth to be able to make him fiddle better! After a train ride around the park and dinner we stopped to do a little shopping (where I got a really cute bag, Bryce said it reminds him of scrapbooking . . . hmmm . . . must be why I liked it, and a Sleeping Beauty pin).
We had such a good time, even though I had to take Advil to get me through the second day of walking! I can't wait until Danny is old enough and we get to go again!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

My girls and I are going in March. These pictures really got me looking forward to the trip! I haven't been there since Kim was a baby and she's 24 now!