Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A New Project. As if I don't have enough already . . .


I have always wanted to learn how to quilt. I think it such a beautiful form of art. I know that I do not have the time, and possible the patience to learn to be a real quilter, but I am determined to make at least one quilt! I have had my eye on some fabric at Beverly's for awhile. I believe it is called a "jellyroll". This one is "Charisma" by Chez Moi. I love it's vintage feel. I finally got a 40% off coupon in the mail and even though you are not allowed to use it on fabric, they let me use it on this. Yay! I am going to use it to make a summer weight quilt for our bed. I am still deciding on the quilt square pattern that I am going to use. Definitely something with straight lines only! I am excited to get started (especially since I got a new sewing machine for Christmas!)

1 comment:

joanne said...

That is so funny.. not that you want to learn to quilt but I just started my first quilt and am very slowly learning to do it. be careful cause once you start you will not want to stop till its done!