Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Fun in Idaho

We have spent the week with Bryce's mom Teri, brothers Steven and Michael & sister Erica, near Couer D'Alene, Idaho. He has one other sister, Maura, who is currently in Germany where her husband is stationed with the Army.
The boys are having a blast with their uncles and aunt and are loving the snow on the ground. The weather has been beautiful and sunny so we have been enjoying a lot of outside time. Bryce and his brothers had a blast messing around in wheelchairs. Why this was so fun is a mystery to me.Celebrating Bryce's birthday with carrot cake and ice cream.

We went to the city park, an amazing, big park, right next to the lake. I wanted to take some family pictures while we were there. I didn't realize that there would be so many people there (we must have never gone on a weekend before) or that after there has been snow on the ground the grass isn't very green (what can I say, I am a California girl and out here the places it snows don't normally have grass). So it was a little harder to get the pictures that I wanted. But I am very happy with the way they turned out. Thank you Erica for taking them!
After that we went down to the lake shore and I wanted to get some pictures of Bryce and I. Normally when I get a picture of me that is not flattering or embarrassing, I hit delete before anyone else has a chance to see it. But this picture was so funny I had to keep it! It still makes me giggle. (Bryce and I were standing on top of a wall at the top of the beach and the poor little fellow was walking along the shore)And here is one that turned out as hoped:

Danny was fascinated with the water and I knew he was going to get wet so I stripped him down and let him play. I didn't think he would last more than 5 minutes as the water is icy cold. He loved it, played for at least a half an hour and screamed when it was time to go!We have one more day here and then we will be headed down to Klamath Falls to visit with my sister Bethany and her family for a day and then home in time for Easter!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like you've had a great trip! That one pic of you and Bryce is so funny! :) It's always great to spend time with family!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha, that pic is so funny! Poor guy! It looks like you're all having a blast! - nessa