Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Memorial

Yesterday was the memorial for my Grandpa. It was very nice and not very long, which is great when you have the number of little ones we had there. Afterward we went back to my Grandma's house for a BBQ with the family. My Grandma's backyard is so beautiful, green and shady and it made for a lovely afternoon. It was really nice to get the chance to sit and talk to family that I haven't had the chance to see much over the years!

Tanya and Maysie - doesn't she look so sweet in that hat!
Another sweet shot of Maysie Lou
Just a pic I snapped of my beautiful baby sis, Jenessa
My Uncle Herk, my Grandma's friend Ruth and my Grandma, enjoy one anothers company.
My sister (in law) Tanya works for a vet and she had to work this morning. Well that morning someone had brought in an abandoned kitty. My brother, Mark has a fondness for orange kitties so Danner (named after the boots, of course) has now joined their family!
Taska and Tyler playing on the hillside in the backyard.
My cousin Amber, her littlest boy Bodie, and Grandma. Amber lives in Hawaii and we haven't had the chance to see each other for at least 7 years. It was so nice to see her again!
Yesterday was also my mom's birthday so we got her a cake and had ice cream sundaes. Here we are singing Happy Birthday to her.

My mom and Tyler who couldn't wait to taste the cake!

Bryce and Danny cuddling up. Danny was so grumpy and tired!

Austin, with lemons from the tree, and Grandma.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like you had a nice time with your family. Amazing how times like that bring a family together.

Amber said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Sarah! How grateful we can become at a time like that to know that families can be together forever! I'm sure it was amazing for your Grandpa to see you all smiling and laughing and remembering him with love for eachother! He must be very very proud of you all!!!!