Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Morning

I love General Conference Sunday mornings. There is no rush to get up and get dressed as we enjoy being cuddled together on the couch in our pjs. Bryce's mom makes conference cake, a yummy version of coffee cake which I need to get the recipe for! This morning Austin did really well at listening and sitting, mostly, still. I had him color in ties to match the speakers and gave him a list of words to listen for. Each time he heard the word he would put an x next to it. Each x earned him an m&m. He earned 21!
I really enjoyed Elder Holland's talk about the time surrounding Christ's crucifixion. It was so powerful. In President's Monson's talk, the story of the Prussian mother, her journey, having to bury her 4 children, really hit me hard and touched me in a way I needed. As some of you may or may not know I had a miscarriage in December, and it has been very hard for me dealing with the loss of that little spirit on its way to us. And while I am still hopeful that we will soon have another chance to raise that little one, it may not happen and that everything will be okay. I have two very beautiful and healthy boys that I have been blessed with and I treasure getting to be their mommy.
I loved President Monson's closing remarks " . . . my beloved brothers and sisters, fear not and be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith."
Have a bright and beautiful weekend.

2 comments:

Papa Jukes said...

Thanks for sharing your Conference Sunday thoughts and observations. Thanks especially for keeping us posted while you are on the road! I love every entry even when I don't always write a response comment for each one. Say hello to all of Bryce's family for us! Papa

Laura said...

I also loved Elder Hollands talk. I think it's one of the best atonement talks I've ever heard. So powerful, like you said. And Pres. Monson's story touched me too. So sad. I am so sorry to hear of your loss in December. I had no idea. I'm here for you if you ever need to talk.