Sunday, April 5, 2009

In Memory of my Grandpa, Robert E. Warner

June 2008 at Danny's first birthday party

My Grandpa Warner passed away on Friday night. His health has not been great for awhile, and had gone downhill quickly in the last months, so it was not unexpected. It was quietly and in his sleep which I am thankful for. Although he is technically a step grandparent, I have known him as my "Grumpa" my whole life. I have some great memories as a child of camping trips with them in their RV and going out on the lake in their fishing boat. He was an Idaho cowboy and was always in his cowboy shirt and boots. He was in the Navy and served his country. I always thought it was the sweetest thing that he would give their bird, Robbie, a shower. Bryce always enjoyed talking with him and his sense of humor and his generosity. I am grateful to him for the years he had with my Grandma, for loving her and taking care of her. We will miss you Grumpa.

And to my beautiful Grandma, I love you. You are in my heart and prayers. I wish I was home so I could drive up and give you a hug. We will see you soon.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, Sarah, I am so sorry. Grandparents are amazing people and you are lucky to have had your grandpa for so long! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Laura said...

I am so sorry Sarah. It's so hard to lose a grandparent.