Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fun in Oregon!

The weather was beautiful but a bit cold, it was snowing when we arrived early, very, very, very early in the morning. For being there only 2 days were sure crammed in a lot of fun! The kids played outside a lot and loved it (and so did us parents)!
Sidewalk chalk fun!
Danny and Gracie had a love/hate relationship. They spent a lot of time screaming at each other and then making up! Bryce and Gabe added onto the fort in the backyard so the kids could play on top. Bethany, Gabe, Bryce and I had a double date night. We put the kids downstairs with a movie. Bethany and Gabe introduced us to a game called Farkle, which was so fun! Of course it helped that I won both games :)
The girls also enjoyed a little spa night while the boys were out. I loved how Myah and Lyndie washed Bethany's feet, so sweet! Lyndie must have put a quarter inch of powder on her face while she and Myah played beauty shop. Gracie just kept putting on chapstick the whole entire time!
We went out to a ranch where Gabe's friend boards his horses and cows. The boys got to ride quads out to track down the horses. One of the horses, Velocity, had just had a little filly and needed to be brought in to a closer pasture. They are both paints and so beautiful!
Being out with the horses made me wish so bad to be in a place where we could have horses. I was just a little older than Austin when I got my first pony! A family in the ward has offered to let us come over and ride some of their horses and I am really hoping that we will be able to!
We are home again and it feels so good, even if it is just for a little bit til we are off again!

2 comments:

Laura said...

What a fun vacation you had! All of it sounds like so much fun. Those horses are gorgeous. I am especially jealous of that part! :)

Anonymous said...

it looks like that was a fun little trip! The kids crack me up! - nessa