Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It Was Just a Good Day Today

Today was a good day, a productive day. This morning we dropped off the truck for servicing, picked up the dry cleaning (Bryce's uniforms - I tend to own things that don't require dry cleaning or ironing for that matter) and then picked up some flowers and gardening supplies. After we got back home I walked down to pick up Austin from the bus (a 2 mile total walk so it also completed my exercise portion of the day!). We had lunch down at the creek and then he got to float his boat down the creek and he had a blast with that! He loves anything that has to do with water!
Once upon a time they used to dam the creek in the summer to make a swimming hole. All of the walls and stairs are from that era. As they have aged they have developed a really cool patina. I have decided that our next family photos will be taken here. I snapped a couple of shots to remind me of where I want to take them. They turned out so well that I am going to have to take my real camera back to take them again!
After we got home it was my afternoon off. This week instead of deciding to take off I opted to stay home and do the laundry, the dishes and help Austin get his homework done and believe it or not it was a really nice afternoon! Maybe it was just the fact that I did not have to do those things that made me want to do them. Maybe it is because now they are done and off my mind, less stress for me tomorrow. I even got to sneak in an hour of reading while Austin was at tball and Danny was asleep! When they got back Bryce grilled up some chicken and asparagus for dinner - so yummy and 2 less dishes to wash! The rest of the evening the boys played together nicely in their room, so nicely in fact I let them stay up an hour later than normal! Bryce and I just relaxed as today was the last day of his vacation. He is back to work tomorrow, and on the day shift! What a switch that will be for us!
Just a side note - We had Bryce's partner, Brad, and Brad's girlfriend, Crystal, over for dinner last night. After dinner we played a game of Farkel (thanks Heidi!). Crystal has played a game similar to Farkel called Zilch, so she was very familiar with it. And I am sad to say that I am no longer the reigning Farkel Queen as there is a little thing called a rebuttal role and Crystal beat me by 200 points! Oh well, it was still a fun night!

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a great day you had! That area you took those pics IS great! And I just love when we grill -- for exactly the reasons you said -- very yummy food and less dishes (plus, no hot kitchen!) I love productive days like that!